Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006/ 2007 the time goes on....

A year is coming to an end… for me a bit (10 hours) earlier than for most of you…

And another year is about to beginn ....

I did calendars for a couple of friends with Sheepy, my dear companion for almost three years now. And I display a collection of pictures from various places to picture the beauty and variety of my year 2006.


When I look back I have to say it was a great year and I m grateful for so many things.

I passed the federal exams (Staatsexamen), which was probably THE milestone.

My family is doing well. My grandparents are still alive - struggling with smaller and bigger problems while aging. They are not as energetic as they used to, but they are still around and that is great. My mother is very busy, getting more and more qualifications. My brother just started studying in Munich.

I had a great time in Switzerland and befriended myself with surgery that I haven’t liked so much as a specialty before. I did have an interesting rotation in Mannheim and it was good but also difficult to catch up with everything that happens/ has happened there since I knew my time was so limited until I leave again. And here I stand/ sit typing in Australia

I have met great people throughout the year. And I am very glad about having made so many new friends in Switzerland, but also in the States and back in Heidelberg/ Mannheim. As well as I’m thankful for all my “old” friends and colleagues, who kept in touch and made my life complete.

I know staying in contact is often hard. Even a quick note is not always doable. Thinking of someone and letting him or her know that he/she is part of our memories, our wishes and hopes is a god we often fail to verbalize though it is such an incredible strengthening statement to make and make the other one feel loved.

I started reading a book called “the five people you meet in heaven” by Mitch Albon and I want to include a quote out of it: “The only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.”

2007 can not become a better year for me. I hope it will be as great as 2006.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home