Wednesday, January 17, 2007

My beloved auntie Gisela passed away recently. I got the news today. I’m very confused, sad and shocked. She was making big plans for her upcoming birthday, when a mesenterial infarct ended her life on earth.

I haven’t seen her in a while just a random 3 min talk when we met by coincidence in the streets of Mannheim. I wanted to meet up with her before I left to Australia, but we couldn’t find a date for a meeting.

That makes that whole feeling worse.

It is not only me to blame. I was working and busy with my preparations. My auntie was a little travelling fool and often not home. She went to the states for 3 weeks just in May and at least twice a month on a little day trip with a travel agency specialized on trips for pensioners. We called each other and chatted on the phone in December and agreed on meeting when I’ m back. This will not happen anymore…

I’m very sad about the loss and the missed chance.

“Memory becomes your partner. You nurture it. You hold it. You dance with.”
M. Albon


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home