Monday, May 21, 2007

London and lots of MedSin's


After having spent some wonderful days in Switzerland I went to London to see my friend Se. She told me in March that MedSin was about to celebrate its 10th anniversary and that the English Medical Students' Association was organizing a ball and I should come. Said and Done!!


After having solved some shoe drama, coping with the fact that we were late and pre-partying with some vodka, we took a cap to get to the ball. However, we ended up in the wrong hotel first...


It was great to meet all those friends from numerous meetings again. When I ended my "career" in the German Med Students' Association I thought I wont be seeing many of these folks ever again. I loved catching up with Akihito, Nat, Troels, Lousie, Irina, Emily and many more.
Soon after some champagne and more wine everybody loosed up and our table was the loudest, first on the dancefloor and most active in karaoke after the ball... to say it with Tina: we were SIMPLY THE BEST


The next morning was very slow for all of us and we felt a bit like being "underground".
A good old English breakfast helped us quickly.
We went shopping and coffee house hopping around Covent Garden in the afternoon.


Since the weather was "typical London" with rains and overcast skies I spent quite some time in numerous museums. Really loved the Natural History Museum!
On Monday we also saw WICKED- the musical about the witch in Wizzard of Oz and how/ why she turned evil. A very good production with (okay it is a musical) some tacky parts in between but really enjoyable...


I enjoyed my time with Se and her lovely sister so much! We had Korean and Indian dinners, watched Will&Grace, talked talked talked and enjoyed eachothers company a lot... I am really looking forward to see her again in July/ August.



I also had an interressting photoshooting with Steven, a London based photographer and will publish some pics hopefully soon....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home