Monday, May 21, 2007

Zürich- revival/returnal

Yiipieh so once again I could go to Zürich and meet my friend Isabella. I have been looking forward to that moment for quite some time... I had like 5 days and since Isabella didnt have to work we had a great time doing so many things...

After we went to YOGA classes on Monday and after we did find out that silly-me brought Autralian Dollars insteadt of Swiss Franks we went to the season opening
of Rimini bar (one of THE places to meet and greet in Zürich in summer time). I also could catch up with some of Isabellas lovely friends like Marisa


The first of May in Zürich is usually the day of violent riots. Left and right wing "intellectuals" try to fight in the streets and the police has to try to keep them sepearated...
We went to the Kasernenhof where a peacefull demonstration of political opinions mostly by migrating minorities from all over the world took place. One of the great things: that demonstration is served with their national specialties. So we enjoyed spring rolls, gözlem, fish and ships, african dishes and much more...



The day after we went on a hike on Ütli Mountain all the way over to where Lindt& Sprüngli produces its famous chocolate (have been there sooo many times in my Swiss rotation) and of course we visited and shopped in the factory outlet...
I also had Tibetian food for the first time in my live: salty butter tea and other things were not very familiar but very good....


I also had to shop a tiny bit in town (finally got my Swiss fridge magnet) and while Isabella was working on her dissertation I was checking out down-town Zürich.
Later on we went to the pinkapple filmfestival where I have been last year. I watched the first part of Donald Strachey's crime series "The Third Man Out" and the next part happened to be on the programme while I was in town so we watched "Shock To The System" and caught up with Marco....

Time flew by and as much as I enjoyed our jogging and sun bathing tours all around the Werdinsel, breakfast on the balcony and so many things more, that much I am looking forward to go back in just two weeks time....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home