Monday, May 21, 2007

THE BIG DAY

The big exam day was also my birthday, so the pressure was on me, cause I wanted to give myself the biggest present possible.

0800 we had to be in hospital and each of us 4 got a patient (real one , no actor) that we had to interview and exam and write a 8page report about his medical history, his disease, differential diagnosis, treatment and so on.

One hour of lunch break, but no-one could really eat!

1300 the presentation of our patient to the profs and bedside question round number one.

After that first thrill, we all went to a conference room for 4 more quiz rounds (internal med, surgery, obstetrics and gyn, paediatrics).

1730 we left the room already with the good feeling that we all passed

20 annoying minutes later we got called in again and were told that we all passed and that they were really happy with us as a very homogenous group (all the group study time did really pay off!) and that we all get a B for our exam.

Afterwards we went to the SAIGON a Vietnamese restaurant in Mannheim, my best friend Adina, Todd and others joined us for a combined exam and birthday dinner. We all were just so beat that we didn’t really feel like partying.

A long day came to an end and shortly before midnight I was at home.

The next day I could finally open up all my birthday present! My family and friends are the best!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home