Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Autumn comes

Instead of excusing myself for not updating my blog I m just doing it without any excuses......

Well, after Isabella has left I onbly had a short week: 3rd of October is Reunification Day - a public holiday in Germany and thanks to 2 additional days that I could take off, I had a looong weekend. I went home to see my family and we had a little belated birthday party for my younger brother and I helped my mom with some computer stuff.
We also did a little excursion. We went to what is now Poland and where my grandparents grew up - they explained and showed us where they grew up, played, used to go to school, where to get their bread and milk from, ... very interessting to know where your roots come from. I also started recentely to explore my family tree.
With the help of my grandparents and other still living relatives we could draw that tree back to 1814 so far- that's 7 generations already!

The weekend after was just a lazy one, I had some friends over for "Zwiewwelkuche un' noie Woi'" - onion cake and new wine... a local speciality to eat in that season. We also played some cards- dirty UNO and I lost so badly....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home