Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Dissertation

For almost 3 years now I ve been working on my dissertation.
A clinical study is involved and I reported about it earlier (check archives in February and March).
Finally, we do have first results and showed them to the public at the 56th annual meeting of the German Association for Obstetrics and Gynaecology in Berlin. We did a poster and presented our work in the poster fair and in a short discussion. I had to take the night train on Tuesday to be there Wednesday morning. It happens that my mother was in Berlin as well and we spent some time together before I went to the Congress Center and met with my collegues for the Womens University Hospital.

Everything was way shorter and less troubled than I expected. But we "succeeded" - a smooth presentation and that was what counts in the end.
It was only a very brief intermezzo in Berlin for me. The same day, I had to take the last train home , was in bed past 2 a.m. and got up at 6 a.m. to go to work again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home