Friday, March 10, 2006

German Cowboys and a Cowgirl to Athens


After last years' Grand Prix where Germany ended up to be the last in the competiton, everything was about to change in this years preselection. Instead of like 10 candidates only 3 who were due not to sing only "their" song but also to cover a former GP hit.

It happened that I switched through the channels and "found" the preselection on TV yesterday.
uuhm- sorry on a Thursday?! Well, the prestigious Saturday evening subsription is gone- but more than 5 millions watched the show yesterday anyway. I did not really care so much, but I got stucked.

So what was there to see?!- A medley of former German preselection winners, another medley with former Grand Prix winners like Dana International and Olsen Brothers and of course the canditates:
Thomas Anders- former member of German kitsch-pop-combo Modern Talking
Texas Lightening- a German Country Music Comedian thing
and Vicky Leandros- from Greek heritage who won the Grand Prix for Luxembourg once. That must have been around the time when the first Modern Olympic Games took place in 1896.

Well, what shall I say?!?
The freshest act won and now we shall see, wether they will beat the score of last year ;-)

If someone is really interessted: the performances are to be seen online here
http://www.ndrtv.de/grandprix/news/20060309_auftritte_kandidaten2.html

2 Comments:

Blogger mr tickle said...

Hey thanks. I like your blog too. Funny how you're German (I assume) and reading my entry about Ned who speaks German pretty well too.

I think I'm off the coaster ride now. I feel like changing what I'm doing in life a little bit as a result. Maybe not doing this hardcore engineering stuff and going back to what I've always been interested in. We'll see what happens.

10 March, 2006 22:04  
Blogger Rian said...

Hello from Germany. I suppose it's not too hard to beat the score of 2005. I mean, any different score is an improvement ;-)

11 March, 2006 10:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home