Friday, February 09, 2007

Launnie-WE Part One

Last weekend I took the redline bus up north to Tassies second largest city: Launceston (or as the mates here in Tassie say: Launnie).

My friend Caz welcomed me and after a little curry to go (I love butter chicken!), we went to a farewell party of some of the residents/ registrars in town. It was fun and so many interesting people:

For instance, I met one of the consultants for emergency medicine. And she is originally from Claremont. That is a little town near little La Verne, CA, where I had a great summer back in 1998!

Or Christine and Alex – a young South African couple who just moved to Launnie. Christine was doing a clerkship in Heidelberg about 2 yrs ago and Alex was living for four years in Munich when he was growing up (perfect German- no the hint of a clue he isn’t a native speaker…).

Well I had more than one beer and other stuff and wasn’t in bed too late…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home