Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Active weekend


What a great weekend and loads of fun I had...
Sae and Noami from the UK, Todd, Dan and Chris came to Switzerland and I organised an amazing (sorry for praising myself) flat and a little programme that included wild water rafting and a hiking tour near the Matterhorn- Switzerlands' most famous mountain (see the picture in the middle)...

Sae already arrived here on Thursday- we went out for some sushi, some wodka drinks and night clubbing- Friday was our train travel day and we watched how Germany won the penalty shooting to enter the Semifinal of the Worldcup...

Saturday was our amazing wild water raft and we had loads of fun. Luckily, I didnt fall out of the boat. We had some all American style BBQ and fell asleep tiredly to get up for some brunch the next morning and go to Zermatt. We took a route called "Seenweg" (Way of Lakes) and passed 5 Lakes always with the Matterhorn shining at the horizon. The last lake was our refreshment source and we jumped in cooling down a bit.
Everybody left on Monday, but my trip wasnt over yet. Todd and me drove to Bern, the Swiss capital, and spend a couple of hours wlaking through the old arcades of the town and sharing some lunch...

Life is good, especially if you can take some days off...
Back to work yesterday and 11 more working days to go for me here in Zürich....

1 Comments:

Blogger brenton said...

Hey Joe,
that looks great! I hope you are skinnydipping in that lake!!!

11 July, 2006 06:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home